After the unprovoked assault on Israel by the Hamas terrorist group, which tragically resulted in the loss of over 1,200 Israeli lives and the abduction of more than 100 Israelis, WJC Elevate members from around the globe swiftly responded to WJC President Ronald S. Lauder's call for unity and action
Here are some of the actions our WJC Elevate members have taken over the past few days:
- Sounding the Alarm: WJC is using its global platform to bring the Jewish world together to stand in solidarity with the citizens of the Jewish State. WJC Elevate members from around the world are organizing rallies.
- Standing with Israel on Social Media and in the Press: Elevate members are sharing stories of determination and resilience as well as to bring attention to the many victims of this tragedy. WJC Elevate members published multiple op-eds and interviews defending the Jewish State, including in Israel, the United States, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Greece, India, South Africa, Sweden, Uruguay, and others.
- Ongoing Leadership Briefings for Jewish Leaders: WJC Elevate members held briefings for Jewish community leaders, including high school students, to provide real-time updates and answer any questions they might have and equip them with the tools to fight the ongoing information war unfolding. They also held a Leadership Bridge Salon with Ambassador Mark Regev, Israeli's Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 2016 to 2020.
- Creating How-to Guides: WJC Elevate are distributing guides to parents to assist them in explaining the war in Israel to their children. The document has been translated into French, Swedish and Spanish.
- Gathering Equipment and Organizing Soldiers: WJC Elevate members successfully organized a campaign arranged to provide protective equipment for reservists in the Egoz infantry units. Other WJC Elevate members organized the delivery of supplies to several hospitals. A WJC Elevate member also coordinated two charter flights bringing 300 soldiers abroad to return to Israel to fight in the war.
You can help support Israelis under fire by donating to ensure WJC has the resources to keep up our efforts and provide direct aid to those on the ground.
In these challenging times, it is crucial for us to come together and harness our collective power. We implore you to join us, disseminate reliable information, and stand by Israel during this pivotal period.
We sincerely appreciate your unwavering dedication to our common principles and objectives. Together, we will endure and thrive.