WJC President Ronald S. Lauder addresses third annual Kyiv Jewish Forum
Addressing the third annual Kyiv Jewish Forum, World Jewish Congress President Ronald S. Lauder declared, "Any antisemitism must be fought – whether it’s in the media, on the internet, on campuses, or in the street, and you must attack it with strength and resolve. A strong, powerful Jewish community, unwilling to be victims again is the only way that we will defeat this new wave of antisemitism."
Boris Loszhkin, President of the Jewish Confederation of Ukraine and a WJC Vice President, said: “Jews and Ukrainians are united by more than a thousand-year history, and Jews – immigrants from Ukraine live in every corner of the world today. Dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Israel and Ukraine, the third Kyiv Jewish Forum provided an opportunity to assess the past and look into the future of Jews around the world, many of whom have Ukrainian roots.” The Jewish Confederation of Ukraine, a WJC affiliate, was the Forum's organizer.
Other featured conference speakers included:
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky
- Israeli President Isaac Herzog
- Euro-Asian Jewish Congress President Michael Mirilashvili
- United Nations High-Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations Miguel Moratinos
- Israeli Ministers Nachman Shai, Yoel Razvozov, Pnina Tamano Shata, and Ze'ev Elkin
- European Commission Coordinator on Combating Antisemitism and Fostering Jewish Life Katharina von Schnurbein
- Center for Jewish Impact Chairman Robert Singer
- Commissioner for Monitoring and Combating Anti-Semitism of the Organization of American States Fernando Lottenberg
- Canadian Special Envoy on Preserving Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Antisemitism Irwin Cotler
- US Deputy Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism Aaron Keyak