The WJC-affiliated Central Committee of the Jewish Community of Mexico donated 500 boxes of food to the Ministry of Security for at-risk groups in shelters. With this support, the Ministry of Security hopes to mitigate the health risks of the coronavirus.
A meeting with the senior Central Committee of the Jewish Community staff as well as Pablo Vázquez Camacho, the undersecretary for Citizen Participation and Crime Prevention, concluded with the understanding that police will personally deliver the donations to those in need.
The Jewish Community has also teamed up with CADENA and the Women's Federation in order to deliver:
- 1,500 pantries for urban service workers from the Cuauhtémoc Mayor's Office
- A thousand pantries in the Mayor's Office of Cuajimalpa, the towns of La Glorieta, El Guarda and El Hielo in the Municipality of Huixquilucan.
- 150 pantries to homeless shelters in the Historic Center.
- 200 cell phones at the Nutrition Hospital and Manuel Gea González, which will facilitate communication between patient and family.
- More than 50,000 face masks in Mexico City.